Bookworm's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you love Reading? You are in a right place with us. Register and join book talks on our Bookworm hub.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Short Stories

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kate
Bookworm
Bookworm
kate

Pisces Female
Registration date : 2009-01-27

My Short Stories - Page 2 Empty
PostMy Short Stories

RAIN

Part 1

One night, a guy was looking outside the FX taxi as he went home from work. Wishing that he's interacting with the people outside, not just a silent witness to what's happening. An actor, not a spectator.

Nagulat na lang siya ng mapansing lumagpas na siya sa dapat babaan. Dali-dali siyang pumara at bumaba sa FX. As he stepped out, the rain started to pour. He ran to the nearest waiting shed, and bumped to a woman running in the same direction, causing both of them to fall on the wet ground.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

My Short Stories :: Comments

kate
Re: My Short Stories
Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:10 pm by kate
Radio, Part 1

Don't say goodbye
It's hard to let you go

That's what he heard as he stepped in the office. Mukhang busy na naman magpatugtog ang assistant ng boss nila. But he can't find fault in that. Sometimes the silence tends to be overwhelming.

He arranged his things and started working even though it's not yet 8am, trying to drown the song and bury it with the other memories attached to it.
kate
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 am by kate
Part 2

A few minutes and a couple of songs later, everyone was called for a meeting. A VIP was expected to arrive in a few days. This means tighter security, and lots of overtime work. It can cover for the time that he just stares at the ceiling and reminisce. Some might call it silly but hey, everyone is entitled for a few quirks in this life.

As they stepped out of the meeting room, a new song started playing.
kate
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am by kate
Part 3

It's a song from The Corrs. Nananadya ata ang pagkakataon.

Smiling sadly, memories came back, of how they used to call different radio stations to dedicate songs for each other. How they sang along in duets in videoke, bar hopping and attending concerts, buying the latest cassette tapes, watching the latest music videos...

But now, his life revolves around his work, his family, his dog. He's even called a hermit by some. He just shrugs it off.
kate
Part 4

As he sat back at his desk, he concentrated on the work at hand.

5pm arrived, 6, 7, 8, 9, and then 10. He stood up, stretched out to loosen his tight muscles and shuts down his laptop. Another day has ended. It's time to go home.

He turns off the lights and then went to the elevator. Luckily, walang multo sa building nila Smile

As he waited for the lift to arrive, he checked his cp. A number of missed calls showed up, some from his mother, a couple from friends, and one unknown number.
kate
Part 5

He was thinking who the unknown call came from all the way down to the lobby.

As he stepped out of the elevator, he put his phone inside the special case in his bag. No reason to attract robbers especially since it's almost Christmas.

As he neared the front door, the guard called his attention.

Sir, you have an urgent message. The guard motioned to the radio placed in his station. As Fritz lifted it, a voice he hasn't heard for quite a while spoke up. Dominique's back...
ladymoonrose
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 pm by ladymoonrose
whaaaaaaa!!!

bitin sis...

nakakaloka ka talaga...

scream

ayan oh! naloloka na ako...

laugh
kate
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:19 pm by kate
imagine mo na lang na nagbabasa ka ng comics ate, antay ka uli ng kasunod na issue next week lol! lol! lol!
tapusin ko next chapter mamayang gabi, "Terminal" ang title
magkikita na sila cheers cheers cheers

p.s.
grabe, saludo talaga ako sa mga e novelists natin dito
ang hirap gumawa ng short story, paano pa kaya yung mga nobela nila
ladymoonrose
Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am by ladymoonrose
hindi na ako makapaghintay!!!

neutral stance

ayan oh natutulala na ako kakahintay...

laugh
kate
Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 am by kate
teka lang te, bumebwelo pa ako

tsaka kelangang mag-ipon ng isang tambak na kanta, nauubos ang stock ko
hear hear hear

nagamit ko na yung:
the day you went away - M2M
don't say goodbye
radio
tapos fly away para sa next chapter

may ending na ako ng story, "nakita" ko na yung scene kaninang umaga habang naliligo ako
happy happy happy
Selene Nepomuceno
Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:05 pm by Selene Nepomuceno

aba... aba... aba!!!

ano ito?

maganda ito kapatid na kate... keep this up

matagal na akong nawala kaya libot-libot muna ako hanggang sa napadaan akong bigla dito.

kate wrote:

p.s.
grabe, saludo talaga ako sa mga e novelists natin dito
ang hirap gumawa ng short story, paano pa kaya yung mga nobela nila

tumpak! mahirap talaga. ako nga nakakailang pabalik-balik ng chapters and everytime na binabalikan ko sila lagi akong may nadadagdag. kaya para siyang constant editing din ang nangyayari habang umuusbong ang story...

kahit na ako na writer nung kwento d ko alam ang buong mangyayari...

Yara Alonso
Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 pm by Yara Alonso
ano ka ba kate, ang galing mo nga! hehehehe nag-start din ako sa short stories esp nung college. My effective speech professor asked permission to use 3 short stories of mine na diniscuss niya sa obang class niya... You have the making of a good writer kaya! Congrats!
kate
Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:02 pm by kate
wow, thanks ms. selene and ms. yara for the words of encouragement
pati na rin kina ate catey and ate arns na nangungulit ng karugtong hahaha
it means so much to me po
cheers cheers cheers
Selene Nepomuceno
Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:30 am by Selene Nepomuceno
hmmm scratch

may nakikita akong bagong weather forecast thumbs up!

kate
Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:39 pm by kate
Terminal, Part 1

Itinerary, check
Hotel room, check
Conference hall, check
Airplane, check
Terminal, check

Dominique ticked off the basic items on her list. So far, so good. She better get in touch with the other members of the team to check on their corresponding responsibilities. This project with the Prime Minister seems to be a piece of cake but based on the prior events that they’ve handled, nothing is simple. Karaniwan, kung kailan hindi inaasahan, saka may nangyayaring gulo.

She approached Teri to check the update on the plane’s current location. The PM’s scheduled to arrive in 30 minutes at marami nang taga press ang nag-aabang para ma-interview ito. Di biro ang pagpunta ng isa sa pinakamaimpluwensyang tao sa mundo para pasinayaan ang pagbubukas ng bagong branch ng Queen’s Palace Hotel.

She re-checked if everyone’s in their places, walking the long hallways of the airport. Hindi biro ang paghawak ng even na ito. Ilang tao ang kailangan ko keep everything organized, pati na rin ang ilang oras na ginugol. She doesn't want to fail in their lates project.

As she turned a corner, she was a couple of guys drinking coffee and talking with each other in hushed voices. A familiar figure caught her eye. Fritz.

As expected, hindi nila palalampasin ang ganitong pagkakataon.

She turned around and started to walk her way back to her post. Better get ready, the show's about to start.
ladymoonrose
Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 am by ladymoonrose
exciting na ito...

nagkita na sila...

may iwasang nangyayari pa... hehehe
kate
Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm by kate
mamaya na yung karugtong, ang daming interruption dito sa paligid eh lol! lol! lol!
Post  by Sponsored content

My Short Stories

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2