Bookworm's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you love Reading? You are in a right place with us. Register and join book talks on our Bookworm hub.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Historical Romance Book Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:27 pm

ay naku arns exactly!!!

they maybe brawler and a bully... pero pag na-inlove, they ould slay dragons for you... actually sa vikings nanggaling yung fairytale na dragon slayer...

di ko pa makumpleto si sandra!!!

hahanap ako niyan!
Back to top Go down
https://bookworms.forumotion.net
sansan
Bookworm
Bookworm
sansan

Virgo Female
Humor : one size fits all
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 pm

may ebook ako d2 ni mason nung viking warrior Shocked Shocked

cno may gusto??? Razz Razz lol! lol!

ibang s2ry naman ito dun sa viking na book revew ni cate Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
sansan
Bookworm
Bookworm
sansan

Virgo Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

naghanap aq ng ebook nyang review mo ibang viking ang nakita q pero mason din xa lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm

huy meron din Ako niyan pero mas guto kong magbasa ng nakahiga!!!

kaya hahanap ako software na pdf sa phone ko!

Back to top Go down
sansan
Bookworm
Bookworm
sansan

Virgo Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

bruha pasend nga nung viking na review mo la aq mahanap na ebook eh Shocked lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 pm

hay naku san san... you on't know what you're missing... wahahaha!!!

naka line up ko yang viking warrior... adik ako ngayon sa viking theme.... kasalanan ni mason! siya rin reason kaya naghahanap pa ako ng mslim na bidang romance!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mhajo
Book Collector
Book Collector
mhajo

Female
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:53 am

ei guys cno n senyo nkbsa ng books ni lorraine heath...mgnda dn mga un
Back to top Go down
ayanlanz
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
ayanlanz

Female
Humor : Cave Lady!

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm

The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 Ckrlr

Reforming Lord Ragsdale
by Carla Kelly

The Rake's Progress

Emma Costello owed a debt of honor to one of the most dishonorable lords in the realm. The infamous Lord Ragsdale was as rich as sin, as sinful as he was rich, and as heartless as he was handsome. But he had saved Emma from a fate worse than death when he stopped a lecherous brute from buying her as an indentured servant.

It was Emma's turn now to save Lord Ragsdale from his wicked ways. She had to find a way to stop his drinking, his gaming, his wild revelry. She had to make him break with his mistress, the superbly sensual Fae Moulle. She had to make him a suitable suitor for the ideal wife that the prim and proper Lady Clarissa Partridge would be. And above all, she had to keep his lustful eye from lingering too long on herself--even as she struggled to keep her own growing desire from undoing all her hard work in the unmaking of this irresistible rake...
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Okay, this is my two part book review of Montgomery Saga.

But let me tell you first the little background of the Montgomeries.

The Montgomeries were King Henry’s favorite men. Henry Tudor the 7th of England. They were known as the notorious knights and servants to the King.

The Montgomery Knights are fearless, wise, courageous, the great war strategists, conquerors and of course, every women in English Court loves the Montgomeries.

But despite of that, they avoid the English court. They prefer to scout, hunt, patrol and protect the lands that own by the English crown. In short they prefer the adventures rather than never ending society balls, gambling and all that kind of stuff.

Hmm… no wonder the women loved them!

The Montgomeries were five siblings.

Mary, the first born. She’s the servant of God.

Gavin, the eldest of the four boys. Second to Mary Montgomery. He’s the great warrior. He may be the greatest warrior of England, but matters of the heart are one of his key weaknesses. Natatanga siya kapag nai-inlove!

Stephen, the third. He’s the hunter. Pinakamatinik na spy ni King Henry. But among the brothers, siya yata ‘yung pinaka-pilosopo at nakakatawa. Even in a life and death situations, he could still find a humor to it.

Raine, the fourth. He’s idealistic. He’s the most romantic among the four. At dahil sa pagiging romantic niya, mataas din ang expectations niya pagdating sa pagpili ng life mate. And the least that he expects is to fall in love with his squire. A squire that pretended to be a lad. Pero girl na girl po siya.

And Miles, the youngest. When he puts his mind into something, he would really focus and dedicate himself into it. Aggressive siya. And his brothers always treat him like a little boy. Batang hindi makakapag-isip ng tama sa sarili niya.

I have finished Gavin, Stephen and Raine already.

As a start, here’s the spoilers and review to Gavin and Judith’s story.

Gavin fell in love with Alice. Alice is a drunkard’s daughter. He believes that Alice is a type of girl that needing to have a knight and shining armor all the time. So he thinks that he could fit to that role.

But he didn’t see Alice’ other side. She’s schemy, manipulative and pathetic liar.
Lahat ng sinasabi at pinapakita ni Alice kay Gavin ay kabaliktaran ng tinatakbo ng isip nito.

He was heartbroken when Alice decided to marry an old Earl. Alice made it sound like she didn’t have any choice on that matter. But the truth is, she did it because Gavin is not as rich as Lord Edmund.

But King Henry had another plans for Gavin. He wanted him to be wealthy and one of the most powerful Earl in England. So King Henry pair him off to the rich heiress named Judith.

Ironically, ang lahat ng kuwento ni Alice sa sarili niya na abused child siya ng kanyang lasenggong tatay, mas totoo ang kuwento na ‘yon sa buhay ni Judith.

Judith is a daughter of a powerful duke. Ipinapakita niya na ulirang asawa siya at ama. But nobody is seeing the other side him. He hated Judith because she happens to be a girl. And he hated his wife for not giving him sons like he wanted.

So he sent Judith to convent.

And when she turned 18, he took him out of the convent so he can marry her off to Gavin.

Despite that Gavin is not as rich as the Redevoune’s, he liked Gavin Montgomery because he believe that he can give him many strong grandsons like he wanted so much.

Nakita niya kasi na apat na malalakas, guwapo at matatalino ang Montgomery brothers. Maganda ang family lineage ng Montgomeries.

Judith was so against in marrying him.

Paanong hindi? She caught her husband kissing Alice after they say their vows in the church.

So he looked at Judith as a villain, while Alice is the martyr one.

Anyway, as the story goes, naroon ang ups and downs nina Judith and Gavin. She swore that he would fight her husband’s advances but just one touch! Isang halik mo lang, limot ko na… (singing in Rey Valera tune. LOL)

Wahhh wag nang mangarap kumanta, at sintunado!

Sila lang yata ni McNaught ang nabasa ko na hindi over the top ang LS. I mean a novel can stand alone even without graphic sex unlike other authors na nagiging bread and butter sa pagsulat ang sex.

On my opinion. Sex is normal sa romance, lalo na sa couples na in-love. Pero hindi naman over the top na na pampakapal na lang ng pages.

In Deveraux books, hindi carnal ang papasok sa isip mo when you read her works. It is more on emotional side. Mas doon siya nakapanuon. Hindi kung gaano kaguwapo, kung gaano kayaman… at lalong hindi sa dami ng babaeng ginawang sex toy.

In the end, kahit nawala ang baby nina Judith at Gavin, (because of Alice manipulations) but it shows kung paano nila winork-out ang kanilang marriage. Dito niyo makikita yung concept na, ‘when a man loves a woman’.

If the man loves a woman so much, he would literally do anything for her. May mga lalaki mang hindi showy, but you can just feel that he’s willing to do anything for you.
Inspiring ang Montgomery saga. I would say that this suits to the adult female audiences. Lalo na sa mga nasa serious commitment o may asawa. Kasi makikita niyo ang normalities ng relationship sa series na ‘to. Na iniba lang ang setting, iniba lang ang time era, but still, pareho pa rin natin kung paano tumakbo ang kanilang mga isip at desisyon.

I would rate this as 4 and half stars. Masarap siyang basahin ulit.

Stephen and Bronwyn episode:

This episode gives me something to laugh about. Hindi na yata aubos ang ng kakulitan ng dalawang ‘to. Walang ginawa kundi magpagalingan.

Bronwyn was raised by her father in tough ways. Hindi dressmaking o cooking ang hinasa sa kanya, kundi ang galing sa paghawak ng espada.

May mga kapatid siya, but his brothers were killed by the English during the Scottish and British hostile.

May natira siyang kapatid, si Davey. Their father believed that she deserves the title of laird (tagapagmana) or McArran clan rather than her brother Davey.

Despite that the hostility’s already over, the King sent Stephen Montgomery to marry the Laird of McArran to prevent the uprising plot against the British.

Natawa ako sa part na sabi ni Stephen magpapaka delay daw siya ng pagdating sa wedding day. Pangit daw na maskulada si Bronwyn.

Pero nagulat si Steph ng makita si Bronwyn. She’s a missing fairy on the woods, as he joked on her.

It’s love and hate on Bronwyn’s part. How could she love an English man? His kinds cause her family and her people’s misery.

But Steph is very persuasive and persistent. Natatawa ako sa tuwing magmamagaling si Steph, parating sinasabi ni Bronwyn, ‘You won’t impress me, unless you become a Scot!’

The thing I love about Steph, he’s not just a Papa material, but a bestfriend material as well. Parang ang sarap niyang maging BFF kasi super kulit siya. He can twist you with your own words.

And I laughed at the part where they were about to get caught by the McGregor clan (mortal enemies of McArrans). They still manage to make love, dahil at least namatay silang happy. LOL

Si Steph kasi yung marunong talagang lumigaw sa 4 brothers. He would swallow his pride just to please the woman he loves.

Pero iba siyang magtampo kapag napunuan. LOL. Kasi sobra na si Bronwyn. Sumobra kayabangan niya. Nalililimutan niya na may asawa siya na dapat niyang pinakikinggan.
She was kidnapped by Lord Robert Chatworth (kapatid ni Edmund at bayaw naman ng ex ni Gavin) as a bait. So Steph would follow her to the Chartworth castle. But too late, before he could follow her to the Chartworth’s Bronwyn was taken by Brian Chatworth to the Montgomeries.

But nag-iba ng route si Bronwyn, nagtatampo pa rin siya kay Steph, kaya nagpahatid siya mga McGregor to have reconciliation.

I liked the reconciliation part. She was pregnant already. And Steph was so shocked when he found her. Up to the last minute, nagpapatawa pa rin si Steph.

And the most honorable thing he’d done for Bronwyn was when he asked the King to change his last name to McArran.

Hayyy… basta, if I were to choose between the four, para pakasalan o maging bf, I will go for Stephen Montgomery. He's funny, sexy, he can actually dragged you at the middle of the forest and sleep on the ground, under the moon and stars with him.

Ratings: 4 and a half stars.

oki later on na sina Raine at Miles... magche-check p[a ako ng test papers kaya hindi ko natapos si raine... Wink

Last edited by Catey Amidala Skywalker on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

ang ganda ng book review mo sis...

hays!!!

bakit kasi mas nauna ko pang basahin ang mga decendant nila bago sila... hehehe

Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 pm

arns... tenchu!! gusto ko ring mabasa yang montgomery na hawak mo sis...
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:43 pm

ay grabe sis maraming mga intriguing kuwento sa kanila...

isa na roon kung paano nagsimula ang shipping business nila na kilalang-kilala sa buong mundo

paano sila nag-migrate sa US at kumalat ang lahi nila doon... hehehe

paano sila yumaman ng todo-todo...

at nagkaroon pa sila ng royal blood...

what I like most about them eh nakatapak pa rin sa lupa ang mga paa nila kahit na kinikilala ang family nila na pinakamayaman...

Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm

ladymoonrose wrote:
ay grabe sis maraming mga intriguing kuwento sa kanila...

isa na roon kung paano nagsimula ang shipping business nila na kilalang-kilala sa buong mundo

paano sila nag-migrate sa US at kumalat ang lahi nila doon... hehehe

paano sila yumaman ng todo-todo...

at nagkaroon pa sila ng royal blood...

what I like most about them eh nakatapak pa rin sa lupa ang mga paa nila kahit na kinikilala ang family nila na pinakamayaman...

iyon kasing mga descendants nina Miles at Elizabeth Montgomery ang nag-migrate din sa US at doon na namuhay up to present generation...

peram nga ako ng binasa mo sis!

Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:14 pm

alin doon sis? scratch

madami iyan eh...

baka sila Miles at Elizabeth Montgomery nga iyong sinasabing ancestor nila na nag-migrate sa US... d ko na kasi tanda kung nabanggit nila eh...
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:18 pm

yung ke deveraux din na knight in shining armour. Montgomery din yung girl... meron ako nun...

si deveraux kasi panay montgomery ang nakikita ko sa teasers...
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 am

speaking of knight in shining armor...

nasa iyo pa ba sis cate iyong book ko?

pinadala siya sa iyo ni karel eh... miss ko na ang book na iyon
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am

niyeek!

wala eh... nakabili ako ng bago... malamang nasa kanya pa...

hindi ko pa yan natatapos! wahhh!
Back to top Go down
aubrey mijares
Book Collector
Book Collector
aubrey mijares

Taurus Female
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:03 pm

maganda ung a knight in shining armor ni jude....mas nauna ko siyang nabasa kesa sa Remembrance ni jude...pero sa lahat ng historical niya dito ako sa Remembrance napaiyak ng sobra kahit sabihin na may time travel effect..tear jerker mode ako maghapon habang binabasa...may isa pa siyang historical na time travel din eh ung The legend ni jude D. Ganda rin siya pero medyo light na lang yung story... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 am

nabasa ko rin itong remembrance sis... at naiyak din ako... masyado siyang emotional for me... and after ko siyang mabasa ang tagal bago ako naka-move on sa sobrang ganda niya...

thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm

huuuyyy!! peram niyan... dali!!! Sad

ako din sis, howard, deveraux, mcnaught at brown ang Diyosa ng romance nbovel for me...
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

naku sayang sis... may nakita akong remembrance na hard bound dati... hindi ko lang matandaan kung saan, hindi ko pa kasi alam noon na fav mo na rin si deveraux eh... pagnakita ko siya ulit bibilhan kita Very Happy

dadaanan ko na lang ulit ung mga napuntahan ko dati...
Back to top Go down
aubrey mijares
Book Collector
Book Collector
aubrey mijares

Taurus Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:25 pm

wahahahaha...arns parehong pareho tayo naramdaman...super napa luha din niya ako...kaso nung nawala na sa akin tong book na toh akala ko tlga hindi na ulit ako magkakaron ng kapalit..ang tagal kong naghanap sa mga book store ng remembrance...hjehehe pati nga sa frienster ko dati sinabi ko dun sa fav.book ko..remembrance..kung may book kayo na ganito at bibigay niyo sakin..i can b ur slave forever...wahahahha...for 7 yrs...as in parang timang ako na everytime pupunta ako sa mga book shop na may mga lumang books un ang hinahanap ko..pero mission failed parati...until suddenly..dumating si mack sa bahay namin..naki birthday sa baguio at formaly pinakilala ang sarli sa family ko...binulungan niya ako na may surprise daw siya sa akin...kala ko kung anu na kasi...dumating siya sa bahay eh surprise na sa akin..then nung nasa kwarto na kami..tinanong niya ako...pano kung sabihin kong wag kang magpaka slave sa ibang tao kundi sakin lang...clueless ako nun...sabi niya...rememeber sa fs sabi mo pag may nagbigay sayo ng remembrance magging slave k niya...then ayun binigay nia in my face ung hardbound na remembrance ni jude dev...sigaw ako ng sigaw nun at napa teary eyed din...sabi ko eto na ang pinaka hindi ko makakalimutan bday sa buong buhay ko...at hanggang ngayon pag senti mode ako binabasa ko parin siya hehehehe....the end whahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 am

ang cute nman niyan sis...

at ang sweet ng hubby mo... kung ako iyon kahit sabihan niya ako ng ganoon magiging slave pa rin niya ako... hindi na dahil sa book but because of what he said... and what he did... sobrang romantic naman yan sis...

bow ako sa kanya wooo
Back to top Go down
aubrey mijares
Book Collector
Book Collector
aubrey mijares

Taurus Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:53 pm

ahihihihi... Embarassed kaya nga more ang bawi ko din sa kanya kahit in simple ways lang... Very Happy

mantakin mo siya na hindi book reader nakagawa ng paraan para mahanap ung book na yun samantalang ako tagal ko nang hinahanap ung book nayon...pati ung 3rd heiress ni brenda joyce nahanap din niya eh sa baguio wala na tlga akong makitang ganoon na copy...sabi ko san mo nman napaghahagilap mga librong toh...sabi niya..i have my sources...whahahaha!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 am

whaaa!!! ang cute niyo talagang dalawa...

pang pocketbook ang dating ng love story niyo...

happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Historical Romance Book Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bookworm's Hub :: The Bookshelves :: Classics and Historical Fiction :: The Historical Romance Novels -