Bookworm's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you love Reading? You are in a right place with us. Register and join book talks on our Bookworm hub.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Historical Romance Book Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

The Historical Romance Book Reviews Vide
PostSubject: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am

Love with the Scandalous Lord by Lorraine Heath

# Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
# Publisher: Avon (May 27, 2003)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0380817438
# ISBN-13: 978-0380817436

Plot (borrowed from a reviewer named Carla):

Lydia Westland is living her dream, albeit at the expense of her step-grandfather's impending death. Lydia is in London, her stepfather's homeland, a far cry from her home in Fortune, Texas. She's rather overwhelmed by all of the pomp and circumstance, but is bound and determined to enter society and find a suitable, respectable husband.

Lydia is immediately intrigued and attracted to her stepfather's half-brother, Rhys Rhodes. When Rhys agrees to teach Lydia all the rules of living among the ton, neither expects the lessons will affect their hearts, as well as their futures.

Rhys Rhodes does not consider himself husband material. Circumstances from the past, a guilty conscience, and the fact that he has very strong feelings for Lydia keep Rhys in constant turmoil. Ten years older and much more worldly than Lydia, he decides the best thing he can do is find her a suitable husband. When his father dies and Lydia's family returns home, Rhys sets out to do just that. After all, as the new Duke of Harrington, his title should carry weight in introducing her to society. Never having known love, Rhys is convinced that Lydia will be much happier with someone else than she could ever be with him.

Spoiler alert from Amidala herself!

Okay, okay... you're a foreigner in a Blue Bloods territory itself. Wanting experience the Grand Ballroom, tea parties, meeting the finest gentlemen across the Kingdom.

I liked the last one actually; MEETING THE FINEST GENTLEMEN! Cool

Like me and you, mga girls, wanting to fantasize that you actually lived in your dream. You wanted to meet a man that would swept you off your feet and give your hearts desires.

In short, ala Cinderella style...

Okay... a cinderella without a glass slipper, but with a book. Iyon ang drama ni Heroine. Her name is Lydia...

But somebody has to be there to teach her what she didn't find normally on that book.

And Rhys came to the picture. (step brother ng step father ni Lydia. Grr! this confuses me the first time... and the second time...and the third time... then the fourth time, hindi na ako bumabalik sa previous pages Very Happy My fault, I didn't read the prequel.)

He's intriguing, normally he didn't mingle that much. And of course, sinong hindi maiintriga, saksakan ng guwapo, royal blood and next in-line Duke, tapos ayaw makipag socialize?!

Hmm... somethings not right.

Okay back to reading...

Then as the story progress, the oozing sparks and chemistry between them became undeniable. Personally, if I am Lydia, I don't mind being taught by him... bounce I could stand the lessons all damn day and won't complain about it!

True!

Then later on, after the private lessons. (*gulp*) She expected that he'll stop husband hunting for her and he would marry her himself.

But it didn't happen... Sad He annopunce his betrothal to the widow names Lady Camilla!

Grr I hate her! Would you believe that? She harassed my Poor darling Rhys to marry her or else she'll expose his past!

And here's his past:

1.) He slept with his sister in law when he was 19. he was blamed for his sister in law's suicide and his brother's early death because of the accident. and for that, he was disowned by his own mom. naglayas ang pobreng hero... gumala sa streets at isang kahig isang tuka.

(well, he's welcome to my home... I'll give him the best care! Very Happy)

2.) according to chika sa buong nobility, he was a man whore to the married women.

Okay, Camilla, gusto ko siyang sabunutan!

of course, he keep that a secret to Lydia... but you know, as the story progress. Lydia find out the whole truth.

That my Poor rhys is just a victim!!!

Imagine! His brother pushed his wife to sleep with him so he can watch them on a peeping hole!!!

my gawd!!! what a pervert brother!!! I am glad that the author killed him! He reminds me of Hayden Kho actually... The difference is, walang technology to record it. so the pervert loser just watch his brother to the peeping hole inside the bedroom...

aww Rhys!!!! Sad Sad Sad he was exploited numerous times! Imagine, nagyayaya pa ng friends ang brother niya just to watched him inside his bedroom! kaya nagtataka siya kung bakit ginagapang siya ng mga sexy maid sa gabi.

Well the last night was on top of all, he didn't know that it was his brother who sent his sister in law to bed him...

grr!!!

Buwiset yung kapatid niya! I will dig his grave and beat him up if I have to! Mad

anyway, back to my normal self. Whew!

Lydia found that out. and his escapades with married women were all not true. Urban legend lang... boring kasi ang buhay royal blood dati... walang tv, pc... walang cellphone... hay ang boring... eh di mag chismisan na lang daw sila!!!

anyway, I recommend you to read it... Lydia redeemed his "sins" ( na wala naman talaga) and they lived happily ever after as usual...

Last edited by Catey Amidala Skywalker on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bookworms.forumotion.net
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 pm

whaaaa... wawa naman si rhys...

hanapin ko muna iyang butas na iyan at ng matakpan bago ko gapangin si rhys... hehehe.

siguro iyang brother niya eh long lost relative ni hyden ko... kung baga ancestor niya iyan.

lol! lol! lol!

naku ganyan talaga ang mga tao sa sinaunang panahon (as if dun ako galing tongue )

mabuti na lang high tech na tayo kaya pati ang mga kabalastugan ay high tech na rin...

tama ba iyon Shocked scratch

wala rin pa lang nagbago... lol!
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

arni =>  lol!  lol!  lol! Oo!!!! Buti na lang dinedo siya ng author or else i will teleport myself so I could kill him with my bare hands! Rawr!

Tatakpan ko ng tape sis... tape na may thumb tacks para pag sinulot niya tusok siya!  Mad O di kaya, tatakpan ko ng cobra para tukain siya sa mata!

Lovi!!! wahhh hayaan mo, marami pa ako re-review para may kodigo kayo sa "oh my heavens!" ahihihi! marathon mode ako ngayon sa books...  

Last edited by Katerina Skywalker on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 pm

hehehe... mas maganda ang mga plano mo sis...

lol! lol! lol!

sarap ngang sakalin ng damuhong lalaking iyon... sakit na ata iyang ganyan eh... iyong mas nakakakuha ng release kapag nanonood kesa sa kung siya ang gagawa (kung ganyan ang nangyari sa kuwento or may nabanggit na ganoon sa kuwento). Hindi pa naman sikat ang mga psychologist ng mga panahon na iyan. Kaya akala nila... its a guy thing lang. Kapag babae naman ang ganyan eh makasalanan na... hindi nila alam na abnormal na iyon. pero kung talgang trip-trip lang nila iyon... sarap nilang i-hang ng pabaligtad...

aasahan namin sis ang mga book reviews mo...

ganda mga naka-post dito... marami kaming tip Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

hmmm..wala akong ibang koment pero nanunuyot ang aking lalamunan dahil si ate cate ay nagbabasa ng ganito.....hmm..imagine kung dumating na sawakas si kuya CAM...tsk...

im more affraid of what will happen to him than the karacters here in the boookss...hahaahah

oy in fair ness naintriga ako...panay balibag at igapos ang nababasa ko...hahahaha

pahiram nanay CATE!!!
Back to top Go down
csimontana
Book Burner
Book Burner

Female
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:02 pm

mind you, not bad for P50. you made me laugh catey, it's as if i was also in the same jeepney as yours Smile
Back to top Go down
sansan
Bookworm
Bookworm
sansan

Virgo Female
Humor : one size fits all
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Novels written under Elizabeth Lowell
Historical Romance
Only Love (1995) — reissued (2003)
Only You (1992) — reissued (2003)
Only Mine (1992) — reissued (2003)
Only His (1991) — reissued (2003)
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:09 pm

ladymoonrose wrote:
uy may hush hush review...

nice one janis...

hanggang basa lang ako ng review nyo kasi hindi ako marunong sa ganyan... i mean putting what i want to say into words. hirap pa ako...

The question : Will I buy Hush Hush?
The answer : definitely!
When: KAPAG MAY BUDGET NA AKECH!!!

lol! lol! lol!

nga pala marami akong nakikitang mga works ni Sandra Brown sa NBS... bakit parang ang mga theme ng works niya ngayon eh puro mystery / thriller / suspence?

hanap sana ako ng romance/love stories eh

eh kasi sa US lang available yung mga romance theme niya at reprinted pa yun year 2004. hindi na nagsusulat si sandra ng romance. natuyuan na yata siya ng creative juice kaya wala na siyang drive sa romance.

same thing din kay Howard at deveraux...

Hindi rin ako bumibili ng suspense ni SB...
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 pm

meron bago si deveraux iyong Return to the Summer House

Meron siyang old story noon na The Summer House... about 3 women (not sure kung magkakaibigan) na nagbakasyon ata sa isang house. Nabigyan sila ng pagkakataon na bumalik sa nakaraan nila to change iyong mga bagay na gusto nilang baguhin.

sa Return to the Summer House ganoon din ang tema... pero ibang 3 babae naman

I have both of the book pero hindi ko pa nababasa Wink

tapos meron pa isa kay deveraux pa rin na gusto ko rin basahin... lavender... something... forgot ko na title... hehehe

hirap mag-take ng chance sa suspense books ni SB... hindi ko kasi sure kung magugustuhan ko Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
lovielly
Book Addict
Book Addict
lovielly

Female
Humor : a smile that burst
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am

I'm having good ideas here....
I've never tried reading sandra brown kc ke sandra hill ako addicted
pero i'm having second thoughts now... kung iniisnab ko dati si sandra brown, di na yata ngayun.... I will give her a try nga.
kapag nasa school ako ng baby ko nowadays wala kasi akung magawa kundi magbasa ng books.

Quote :
try mo din sis yung texas trilogy nya yung texas chase, texas lucky at texas sage

_hahanapin ko mamaya sa bukstur ang amga ito.
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:48 am

addict din ako kay sandra hill

especially ung cajun series niya... hagalpak ako ng tawa dun... at the same time super hot ng mga scenes dun

and ung frankly my dear... isang model na nag-time travel sa past...
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Bold land, Bold Love by Connie Mason

synopsis/plot:

a story of this girl named Casey, a murder convict. shipped to penal colony (australia) to serve her sentence and hard labor...

then this guy came... Dare Penrod. A distillery plantation master. From Britain, his father seek a fresh start in Australia.

dare's father had an instant sympathy over Casey. While Dare. the pasaway one. He hated this attraction his feeling towards her. He thought she's a whore or prostitute that killed a poor defenseless man.

He made her life miserable to the plantation. and he fought his strong desire to have her...

review:

ang hirap bumitiw sa book na 'to. Though napakahaba niya, 500 pages almost. unang topada pa lang molestiyahan na...

"What are you doing with my mother's clothes?"
"You're father lend me this clothes--"
"Take it it off!" he commanded.
"W-What?"
"I said take it off or do u want me to take it off for you!? I don't want you to soiled my mother's things!"

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If I were casey, I won't argue at all... "you want me to take it off? Fine no big deal? where's your room master?"

Eto yata yung book ni mason na na lost track ako sa pagbibilang ng LS niya... basta nakatatak sa isip ko yung nag sex sila sa under the rain. nagpagulong gulong sila sa putikan! super ma juice. I even asked Keanu to make love with me under the rain... as in na carried away ako sa scene na 'yon at talagang ginahasa ko ang asawa ko kinagabihan. Twisted Evil

3 parts ang book na 'to. parang yoyo ang relationship nila na parating may mga taong sumusulpot para paghiwalayin sila. una ang revolt sa australia. nawalang bisa ang parloe ni casey kaya hindi sila nakasal agad ni dare. this vile lieutenant wanted to keep casy as his bed warmer kaya nagpilit siyang walang bisa ang pardon niya dahil sa revolt.

then this annoying B*t*h. ang brat na anak ng maipluwensyang politician sa lugar nila, she blackmailed papa dare that she could arrange casey's freedom if dare would marry her...

of course for the love of casey her would do anything kahit shotgun wedding...

but he still continued loving her, pinupuntahan ni dare si casey sa maid's quarters para makipag make love despite that he's already married. but casey's too high and didn't deserve to be a mistress, so he left. namundok na lang siya somewhere without knowing he got her pregnant...

many things happened... noong malaya na si dare na pakasalan si casey, saka naman inakala nilang napatay si casey ng mga outlaws. untill that accidental meeting in London. mainit na tagpo again!

OMG, sa mga mason freaks, I knew you would like this one. hot sexy... steamy, titillating. and if you have bf or husband, talagang hahatakin niyo sa bed!

I love it!

this is actually a trilogy... yung isa wild land wild love... ang younger brother ni dare na si ben...

brave land brave love... ang story ng friend nila...na si robin fletcher

Last edited by Catey Amidala Skywalker on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:41 am

awwwww....ayos yan cate...may nagagahasa ka na..ahehehe..lol Very Happy Very Happy pano naman ang mga single??baka lalo kami matigang nyan habang binabasa namin yan!!ahehehehe Twisted Evil Twisted Evil peo mukang maganda....naging bedwarmer ba si casy nung epal na lieutenant??matanong lang..na curious ang lola mo eh..ahehehe
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 am

oo nga naman cate... paano naman kaming mga single dito... hanggang imagination na lang..

lol! lol! lol!

i saw lots of mason book nung nakaraang sabado sa book sale... kaso wala ng datung ang lola ninyo... wawa naman ako...

interesting siya kapatid...
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

autumn rain wrote:
naging bedwarmer ba si casy nung epal na lieutenant??matanong lang..na curious ang lola mo eh..ahehehe

kuu!!! buti na lang at hindi... kasi sa tuwing may advances na gagawin ang gagong lieutenant either may dumarating na tao o may nangyayaring kung ano... so hindi makatiyempo ang gunggong!

asar na asar ako doon sa naging wife ni Dare... Bi-at-ch! talaga! Evil or Very Mad gusto kong pakuluan sa malaking kawa!

arns, bumawi ka na lang pag magkasama na kayo ni corey! LOL
Back to top Go down
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector
Amber

Female
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Catey: Na carried ka? Tignan ko nga kung macarried away din ako pag napasakamay ko na yang bold land bold love na yan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

waahhh amber sis napadala ko na kanina! sana bukas nariyan na! yung pirate prince after the holyweek na daw, nag out of town pa ang bruha!

may binabasa pa akong isang mason! review ako bukas!!! promise!
Back to top Go down
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 am

Sige post lang ng review ni Mason! Laughing

A little bird told me I have a package waiting for me. I'm damn excited to go home! Bakit ba gov't lang ang half day ngayon?!
Back to top Go down
ladymoonrose
Bookworm
Bookworm
ladymoonrose

Capricorn Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

uy cate... oo nga... bawi mode kapag magkasama na kami ni corey...

sana nga lang hindi na kami maghiwalay... dun na lang ako... hehehe cheers
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:27 pm

amen arns!!! Wink

amber lol! oo nga, bakit goverment lang ang half day... yung ibang private sect nga sa friday pa ang holiday at saturday...

eto na pala bago ko nabasa ni Mason:

====================================================

A Taste of Paradise
(Connie mason)

The synopsis/summary:

Sophia, the 24 year old orphan, who lived with her opportunist social climber step father and a step brother who wanted to pimped her to whom he owed money...

She escaped to her step brother's wicked plans when he sold her out to the highest bidder...

upon her escape, she stumbled upon Captain Christian Radcliff, a guy from her past, in a ship sailing to Jamaica (which she didn't know at first of course).

Christian Radcliff, the earl's brother... he was set to sail to jamaica (Caribbean islands) so he can attend to his plantation. It's a fresh start for him since he still couldn't recover from the past.

the past...

He killed his bestfriend seven years ago in a duel to win a heart of a 17 year old Sophia.

Review, spoilers, chika:

Shocked Shocked Shocked unang buklat pa lang may tinitira na agad si Christian na typical bi-at-ch... stud service king... ang reason... "Ill be at the sea for months without woman..."

But who would have thought that he would travel in the sea without a woman?

but oh! surprise!!! his former puppy love hiding under his desk!

I thought it would e a perfect time for molestiyahan blues while aboard...

(oh puleezzee chris... rape me! I need you dahlin'!)

He planned to send Sophia back to London once he settled in Jamaica.

but since Sophia attracts trouble like a magnet, he change his mind of sending her back to London... He married her to protect her from the people who always run after her.

i mean why would he send her back to London if he couldn't get off his hands off her... i mean literally and figuratively speaking!

Ugh! Grabe ang LS dito... ang verbal foreplay pati sexual positions... I failed to count how many lovescenes they had.

i mean siya lang yung author (aside from someone from BW author na kilala ko.) Wink na beyond physical ang mga lovescenes...

may mga nabasa akong ibang authors (Local man o foreign) pero no offense, it feels like reading a cheap tabloid porn... to the point na masakit na sa ulong basahin.

anyway, umikot lang naman ang conflict, nahihirapan lang sabihin ni chris na mahal niya si sophia dahil parating nakapagitan sa kanila ang guilt ng nakaraan... to the fact that she's already pregnant by the time he said the words to her...

hay mga lalaki, sarap hambalusin! Rolling Eyes

she got pregnant and gave birth to the baby girl they named angela.

anyway, i recommend you to grab this copy to carly... I am glad nauna ako magka kopya nito... hinostage ko ang personal copy niya... bwahaha!!!

worth it mga sis... Wink
Back to top Go down
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 pm

LS ang bungad?! Holy Mary I want it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

lol! lol! lol!

with matching panting and torrid stuff! LOL
Back to top Go down
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Buti na lang nakareserve na ako. OWN at TOP. Sana di na madagdagan pa! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Amber wrote:
Buti na lang nakareserve na ako. OWN at TOP. Sana di na madagdagan pa! Laughing

LOL ganyan din ako. pero pag me natanaw na akong ibinababang box sa kabila, napapapunta pa rin ako kahit di pa payday!

hay kasumpa-sumpa maging adik pramis!
Back to top Go down
carmilina
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
carmilina

Taurus Female
Humor : ---you'll just never know---
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:37 am

wow ang gaanda ng spoilers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Historical Romance Book Reviews The Historical Romance Book Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

The Historical Romance Book Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 5 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bookworm's Hub :: The Bookshelves :: Classics and Historical Fiction :: The Historical Romance Novels -