Do you love Reading? You are in a right place with us. Register and join book talks on our Bookworm hub.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
carmilina
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian

Taurus Female
Humor : ---you'll just never know---
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:42 pm

soon you'll expereince that sis...

yun tipong it will turn your world like 360' degress albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
kate
Bookworm
Bookworm

Pisces Female
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:32 pm

that will be the day sis
Laughing
s ngayon, wag muna at roller coaster ride n ang buhay ko Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Oh well when i first heard about theenglish novel and naririnig ko sa kanila:

-Very boold ang words
-very intimate!
-the sex there are very in a complete detailed!

hahahah! that caught my attention.. so ther strted my reading the english novel.. so totoo naman xa and i liked the story of the books that i've read.. hehe.. especially the part where.. you know.. <sensord>

ahaha!

don't get me wrong.. Very Happy

Lai, we have the same... errr... interest! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
baby_goddess
Book Collector
Book Collector

Capricorn Female
Humor : me?
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Mon May 04, 2009 4:05 pm

it was to improve my vocab. and then i really also liked reading. children's story books noong una hanggang sa magbranch out ako. eheheh.
Back to top Go down
aimee-chan
Book Collector
Book Collector

Virgo Female
Humor : is relative.
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri May 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Because I dig reading so much and English Romance Novels have a lot to offer... Besides,I like their plots especially those that are out of the box so to speak... I also want to improve my voca...
Back to top Go down
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 am

i started reading english pb's bata pa ako as in grade 4..maaga ako namulat..lol

pero i switched to tagalog then i've read lothario then i've started reading english pb's full time nguan kc the reason was i was too tired waiting for lothario kaya ayun nagbasa na lang ng english pb's full time as in full time..di na ako nakakapag tagalog nowadays..hay..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
kris3515

Female
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 am

i read novels... anticipately at silently
Back to top Go down
kris3515

Female
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:44 pm

english romance novels are fun..exciting..thrilling and most of all nakakakilig!
Back to top Go down
mecca
Book Addict
Book Addict

Gemini Female
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:25 pm

will take you to places....

meet and fall in love...

will break your heart...

but in the end will make you stronger...

AND a PERFECT way to POLISH UP YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mailene28
Book Collector
Book Collector

Leo Female
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 am

reading is my hobby.. whenever I dont have anything to do or bored.. sarap lng kc magbasa may it be english or tagalog.. nakakawala ng stress! at pinakaimportante, nakaka inlove magbasa!
Back to top Go down
PV
Book Addict
Book Addict

Female
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am

i first got into reading only to increase m vocabulary then I enjoyed it so much to the point that I finish a book in one sitting. Start ako ng after dinner and by breakfast the next day eh tapos na ko. Yun nga lang ang dark circles ko eh naging permanent fixture na ng face ko. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 am

i first got into reading only to increase m vocabulary then I enjoyed it so much to the point that I finish a book in one sitting. Start ako ng after dinner and by breakfast the next day eh tapos na ko. Yun nga lang ang dark circles ko eh naging permanent fixture na ng face ko. Crying or Very sad

Sad Sad ako rin PV. Nagka pimples na nga ako kababasa... Kasi sabi sa studies, nakaka migraine ang paghihilamos o paliligo after napagod ang mata. kaya hindi ako nakaka hilamos talaga...
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

actually before i was not into reading english pb..i seldom read english pb before coz i was more into tagalog series..but then sa sobrang tagal ng hinihintay kong mga series.. Mad Mad Mad so when i started reading historical romances ayun nawili na ako.and started collecting historical series too..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector

Female
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

English romance novels are sexier. You know the Mills and Boon type? Besides, I don't have the courage to read non-english novels in public. Call me a hypocrite but I really can't bring myself to do it. I'm the type of person who secretly read and buy tagalog novels.
Back to top Go down
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Yup, I agree with what Amber said. English romance novel is indeed sexier because when it comes to love scenes, it seems like there's no inhibitions, the plots elaborated, saka 'yung iba, wagi ang mga cover ^_^!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Amber
Book Collector
Book Collector

Female
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 am

saka 'yung iba, wagi ang mga cover ^_^!!

Laughing cover and content are sexy. o di ba? panalo inside and outside!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 am

Sinabi mo pa Amber Smile!! When me and Laarni went to Fully Booked in Gateway last Saturday, may nakita kaming novel na nakakatuwa ang mga cover. Mga Medieval/Renaissance paintings. I forgot the name of the author.

Speaking about covers again, in U.K., Harry Potter sequels have an adult version of the book. My boyfriend sent me one and I asked him why the cover was different from the usual cover I saw in the bookstores. He told me that in subways kasi, some Harry Potter readers na matanda na feel awkward bringing Harry Potter books with the original cover kagaya nung sa Scholastic, thus the adult cover version.

Another thing, English romance novels have different varieties readers can choose. There's paranormal romance, historical romance, modern day romance, classical romance, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
chrismat
Book Collector
Book Collector

Libra Female
Humor : dirrty... lol!
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:37 pm

sexy and bold... lol!!! at yung mga lalaki dun palaging pinipilit ang mga girls to u know... lolz!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
chrismat
Book Collector
Book Collector

Libra Female
Humor : dirrty... lol!
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:39 pm

The stories are usually nice and it´s sexy lolz... and makakapractice kapa ng english... hehheh!!!
Back to top Go down
huhuyam_lei

Female
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 pm

i read to english novel to improve my vocabualry and i love the way they describe every detail of the story it helps also to improve imagination.

and to fall in love over and over and over again kc la din aq maxado experience sa love hehhe konti lng
Back to top Go down
eile

Female
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Thu May 06, 2010 12:20 am

i tried reading it wen the tagalog pocketbooks are so bitin.. i mean i could finish the tagalog in just 1 seating, around 45- 30 minutes.. so i tried the english, para naman mahaba2x haba ang reading ko.. plus it adds up my vocabulary.. smtimes my friends would say smitng like wer do i get my word, but smtimes because im hooked with historical romances, my grammar tend to be old english( smetimes i think).

i would like to recomend the book of julia quinn, judith mcnaught, lisa kleypas, and now im hook to lyndsay sands with the rave of vampires na..

magaganda tlaga mga books nila..

njoy kayo.. but it wnt necessary mean that filipino works ang mapahuli..
heller.. the best yta ang c nimfa beck at c eve montelibano..
o, cge pa nga cna martha cecilia at vanessa sa phr..

like ko tlaga cla.. more power pa...
Back to top Go down
marlie lofranco cabrelles
Book Addict
Book Addict

Female
Humor : LOVE IS A LANGUAGE SPOKEN BY EVERYONE BUT UNDERSTOOD ONLY BY HEART
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:12 pm

i've read english pb my 1st reason is para antukin ako sa gabi but dn nakasanayan ko na kc maganda dn po kc
Back to top Go down
ZaMiie

Female
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Im more into harlequin novels..
coz its fun to read,,,hehe
i already read hundreds of any english novels..
like intrigue, super romance, presents, etc...
but all in ebook only=)
Back to top Go down
marlie lofranco cabrelles
Book Addict
Book Addict

Female
Humor : LOVE IS A LANGUAGE SPOKEN BY EVERYONE BUT UNDERSTOOD ONLY BY HEART
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 am

english romance novels are very elaborate when it comes to love scene kaya nga minsan pag nabibitin ako sa tagalog pocketbook na binabasa ko ang next kung babasahin is english pocketbook roll eyes para maexcite naman ako so parang ang labas sa akin yan is pampabuhay dugo hahahaha . yes agree ako sa mga sinabi nyo na english PB are sexier than tagalog PB.
tagalog pocketbook is naayon yun sa kultura natin kung ano tayo hindi kasi mawawala sa atin yung conservative type na ugali . thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels? Today at 8:07 am

Back to top Go down

Q: Why Did You Read English Romance Novels?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bookworm's Hub :: The Bookshelves :: Collector's Images and General Books Discussion -