Do you love Reading? You are in a right place with us. Register and join book talks on our Bookworm hub.
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Tudor Men Hot-mometer
King Henry (Played by J. Rhyss Myers)
30%
 30% [ 8 ]
Charles Brandon (played by Henry Cavill)
70%
 70% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 27
 

Author Message
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm

King Henry The 8th


Henry was never intended for the throne of England. However, the death of his older brother Arthur at the age of 15 and his taking of his dead brother's bride, propelled the young prince into the limelight and laid the foundations for one of the most spectacular reigns in English history. The young Henry VIII was an artist, musician, theologian and sportsman — the perfect Renaissance prince — but the failure of his first wife Katherine of Aragon to produce a male heir brought out his darker side. Henry could be cruel and capricious, using arbitrary execution as an instrument of Royal policy. In his bid to produce an heir, he would dismantle the established church in England, loot its posessions, and set himself up as an absolute monarch. By the time of his death, his desire to maintain his own magnificent dynasty had seen him marry six times, deplete the nation's coffers, and cut a swath through the English nobility. Yet a new age had been born in the fires of change and through the years had transformed a Renaissance prince into a sickly, overweight tyrant, his rule marked a sea-change in the fortunes of England.


Charles Brandon (Duke of Suffolk)




Charles Brandon was the third son of Sir William Brandon who, as Henry VII's standard bearer, had been killed by Richard III in person at the Battle of Bosworth Field. He was brought up at the court of Henry VII and became a favourite of Henry VIII. He held several posts in the royal household and distinguished himself in the French campaign of 1513. In 1515 he privately married Mary Tudor, Louis XII's (king of France) widow and Henry VIII's sister, to avoid the political difficulties surrounding the marriage — Henry was keen to acquire the gold plate and jewels which Louis had promised Mary before his death and he made it clear he would only sanction Suffolk's marriage to her if he did indeed get them. Wolsey brokered a deal, however and the couple were able to have a public wedding some months later. Suffolk supported Henry's divorce from Katherine of Aragon, in direct opposition to Wolsey, and after the latter's disgrace, his influence increased rapidly to the point where he acted as High Steward at the coronation of Anne Boleyn. He died in 1545, a year after commanding an English army invading France. Through his daughter by Mary, Frances, he was grandfather to Lady Jane Grey who would reign for nine days in 1553.


Source: Showtime



Last edited by Catey Amidala Skywalker on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Hindi ako nahirapang pumili from the beginning. Kasi hindi ako King Henry fan.

I am in lusty in love with Charles Brandon... I like hard to handle men... He's rogue but he's rogueness is a charm for women...

Oh! Lock me up in tower with him! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
bounce bounce bounce I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Charles Brandon too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Baket wala pang naboto kay JRM/King Henry?!

pale pale iboto niyo, baka pugutan kayo ng ulo! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
marga
Book Collector
Book Collector


Female
Registration date : 2009-02-15
Points : 3921
Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 am

cge boto ko si king henry viii ndi dahil sa character but because dun sa mga actors na gumanap sa role! wahahaahah..
Back to top Go down
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm
Honey Barbie

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09
Points : 5702
Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Hehehe...di ko sila kilala pareho tongue

Pero according sa mata ko, mas hot si Charles Brandon Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Jizelle
Book Addict
Book Addict
Jizelle

Libra Female
Humor : When God sprinkled the virtue of patience i must have been playing hide and seek coz i didnt get even a pinch of it
Registration date : 2009-07-02
Points : 3942
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm

i always like the irish accent
Back to top Go down
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:59 pm

eherm! ang ganda ng unang post ni Jizelle, Tudor Hot mometer!!! LOL

Ayan, pupugutan na tayo ng ulo ni King H (gulp), konti ang bomoto sa kanya.
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm
Honey Barbie

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09
Points : 5702
Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:
eherm! ang ganda ng unang post ni Jizelle, Tudor Hot mometer!!! LOL

Ayan, pupugutan na tayo ng ulo ni King H (gulp), konti ang bomoto sa kanya.

Sorry na lang siya Razz! Even he's a king, he can't have everything Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:02 pm

@Honey Barbie wrote:
Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:
eherm! ang ganda ng unang post ni Jizelle, Tudor Hot mometer!!! LOL

Ayan, pupugutan na tayo ng ulo ni King H (gulp), konti ang bomoto sa kanya.

Sorry na lang siya
Razz! Even he's a king, he can't have everything Razz.


lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! ang lufeeetttt ng statement... oo nga naman... he maybe rich and powerful, but his not Henry Cavill!

wahahaha!
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm
Honey Barbie

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09
Points : 5702
Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Kahit naman kasi sa picture, less ang appeal ni King Henry VIII compared kay Charles Brandon Rolling Eyes.

Lalo na nung pinagsama pa silang dalawa Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 pm

@Honey Barbie wrote:
Kahit naman kasi sa picture, less ang appeal ni King Henry VIII compared kay Charles Brandon Rolling Eyes.

Lalo na nung pinagsama pa silang dalawa Razz.

panoorin mo kasi sis!!!

sina shaine meron dvd niyan... hiramin mo!
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 am

awww...di ko tlg alam kung ano toh..kung series xa or movie alam ko lang ung era..lol..a while ago i was researching for queen victoria..hay outdated tlg sa mga tv series, movies etc..sobrang pagod pagka galing ng work..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:40 am

@autumn rain wrote:
awww...di ko tlg alam kung ano toh..kung series xa or movie alam ko lang ung era..lol..a while ago i was researching for queen victoria..hay outdated tlg sa mga tv series, movies etc..sobrang pagod pagka galing ng work..

sis, di mo pa nga napapanood, but looking at Charles picture, he's truly hard to resist! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm
Honey Barbie

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09
Points : 5702
Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:29 am

Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:
@autumn rain wrote:
awww...di ko tlg alam kung ano toh..kung series xa or movie alam ko lang ung era..lol..a while ago i was researching for queen victoria..hay outdated tlg sa mga tv series, movies etc..sobrang pagod pagka galing ng work..

sis, di mo pa nga napapanood, but looking at Charles picture, he's truly hard to resist! LOL

Di ko pa rin 'yan napapanood Sad. Naka-vote lang ako kasi may picture Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 am

@Honey Barbie wrote:
Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:
@autumn rain wrote:
awww...di ko tlg alam kung ano toh..kung series xa or movie alam ko lang ung era..lol..a while ago i was researching for queen victoria..hay outdated tlg sa mga tv series, movies etc..sobrang pagod pagka galing ng work..

sis, di mo pa nga napapanood, but looking at Charles picture, he's truly hard to resist! LOL

Di ko pa rin 'yan napapanood Sad. Naka-vote lang ako kasi may picture Razz.

I-marathon mo sis... mahirap bitawan pag nasimulan...
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
Honey Barbie
Bookworm
Bookworm
Honey Barbie

Aries Female
Humor : Hehehe...
Registration date : 2009-02-09
Points : 5702
Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 am

Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:


I-marathon mo sis... mahirap bitawan pag nasimulan...

Naku, 'yan pa naman ang mahirap sa akin kapag nagustuhan ko 'yung pinapanood ko. Ina-araw-araw ko hanggang sa matapos o kaya makahabol ako Razz.

Grabe na ito...9 votes ang lamang ni Charles Brandon kay King Henry. Kawawang king naman ito Razz. Kung kagaya 'yan ng stepmother ni Snow White, pinapatay na niya si Charles Brandon Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/annfarita
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 am

@Honey Barbie wrote:
Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:


I-marathon mo sis... mahirap bitawan pag nasimulan...

Naku, 'yan pa naman ang mahirap sa akin kapag nagustuhan ko 'yung pinapanood ko. Ina-araw-araw ko hanggang sa matapos o kaya makahabol ako Razz.

Grabe na ito...9 votes ang lamang ni Charles Brandon kay King Henry. Kawawang king naman ito Razz. Kung kagaya 'yan ng stepmother ni Snow White, pinapatay na niya si Charles Brandon Razz

naku ha? 11 na hindi nueve! LOL

Oo nga kung asar talo itong si King Henry, pinakain niya sa Leon si Charles... Naman! Partida pa yan... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:08 pm

uu..mukang magagandahan ako nyan...series ba yan?makahanap nga..nababaliw pa naman ako sa regency novels so im quite sure i would really love it..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 pm

di ba si king henry ung nagpakasal kay jane seymour??ahooo..grabe di ko lam na itech pala toh!!wahh!!obsessed ako sa ganyan..madalas ko i search sa answers.com tong mga toh nung ala pa ako proxy..hehehe bangag naman si henry eh..naka ilang asawa..sus..

cutie ni charles..hehehe

answers.com lang kc and msn limited pa and msn ang pede here sa office..lol..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 pm

@autumn rain wrote:
di ba si king henry ung nagpakasal kay jane seymour??ahooo..grabe di ko lam na itech pala toh!!wahh!!obsessed ako sa ganyan..madalas ko i search sa answers.com tong mga toh nung ala pa ako proxy..hehehe bangag naman si henry eh..naka ilang asawa..sus..

cutie ni charles..hehehe

answers.com lang kc and msn limited pa and msn ang pede here sa office..lol..

peborit na asawa ni King henry si jane according to history... kasi si jane lang ang nagbigay ng ultimate happiness sa kanya noong bigyan siya ng lalaking anak. pero namatay rin ang only son ni King Henry...
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Catey Amidala Skywalker wrote:
@autumn rain wrote:
di ba si king henry ung nagpakasal kay jane seymour??ahooo..grabe di ko lam na itech pala toh!!wahh!!obsessed ako sa ganyan..madalas ko i search sa answers.com tong mga toh nung ala pa ako proxy..hehehe bangag naman si henry eh..naka ilang asawa..sus..

cutie ni charles..hehehe

answers.com lang kc and msn limited pa and msn ang pede here sa office..lol..

peborit na asawa ni King henry si jane according to history... kasi si jane lang ang nagbigay ng ultimate happiness sa kanya noong bigyan siya ng lalaking anak. pero namatay rin ang only son ni King Henry...


yeah cate..pero di ba nagsawa din xa kay jane?pinalitan pa nya ng isa..hehehe..kalimutan ko na ung name na pinalit nyang girl e..
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
Kaye Cee
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian
Kaye Cee

Aries Female
Humor : I'm glad I had people that I can talk about fictional characters as if they were real, and still think I'm sane.
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Points : 8342
Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 pm

naku ang nakasulat sa history eh hindi daw naman agad pinalitan si Jane. Kasi namatay sa panganganak si Jane eh. actually, 3 years na hindi daw nambabae si King Henry after Jane died. nalungkot talaga siya...

Then he remarried dahil kailangan niya ng nurse...
Back to top Go down
http://bookworms.forumotion.net
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 pm

tlg?lol..hehehe..sama ng dating nya sa answers.com e.lol.hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
autumn rain
Bookworm
Bookworm
autumn rain

Sagittarius Female
Humor : water is good...you know.. ^_^
Registration date : 2009-06-27
Points : 4297
Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 am

napanood ko na sya ann..tapos ko na season 1..bitin..sobwa...
Back to top Go down
http://tome-enthusiast.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer

Back to top Go down

The Men of Tudors Hot-mometer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bookworm's Hub :: The Media Entertainment Central :: The TV Corner :: Crazy over Hollywood TV Series :: The Tudors Fan Zone -